The Dachshund, with its distinctive and lovable shape, is a lively and independent dog. They have become ever more popular in recent years. Whilst Dachshunds are robust of character and active, there are some who go on to develop a condition known as Intervertebral Disk Disease (IVDD). IVDD has been linked to both genetics and lifestyle activity and generally starts with limping but can progress to more serious symptoms if the spinal cord is compressed.
There are some actions you can take to try and help prevent IVDD, starting with:
- Keeping your Dachshund fit and at an appropriate weight
- Feeding a well-balanced diet
- Avoiding high impact activity
Rova has two supplements that can help support your Dachshund’s health.
- Rova Digestive Support is a veterinary approved combination of four prebiotics blended alongside glutamic acid to support natural gut health and nutrient absorption, as well as omega 3 and curcumin to support the natural anti-inflammatory action of the body.
- Rova Joint and Muscle Care includes collagen matrix, MSM and glucosamine to support bones, tendons, muscles and cartilage. It can also be used more frequently with feeds for dogs experiencing discomfort or impaired mobility. Both supplements can be fed alongside a calorie restricted diet for Dachshunds who are following a weight loss plan.